Each week after Monday Night game(s) has concluded, I’ll publish my list of NFL power rankings. Here is the pecking order for Week 17.
1) Green Bay Packers - Packers notch 15 wins in awesome season.
2) New Orleans Saints - Saints trounced Newton and Panthers.
3) San Francisco 49ers - Niners held off Rams to clinch bye.
4) New England Patriots - Patriots manhandled once-promising Bills.
5) Baltimore Ravens - Ravens earned playoff bye with tough win over Bengals.
6) Pittsburgh Steelers - Steelers needed their tough D to survive against Browns.
7) Detroit Lions - Played the champs tough in Lambeau.
8) New York Giants - Eli was “clutch” again.
9) Cincinnati Bengals - Bengals lost but still landed in the playoffs.
10) Atlanta Falcons - Falcons offense was just nasty against the Bucs.
Read the rest of the power rankings after the jump …
11) Houston Texans - Texans may be most inconsistent “good” team in league.
12) Philadelphia Eagles - A healthy Vick might have led Eagles to the playoffs.
13) Dallas Cowboys - Cowboys out of playoffs again.
14) Tennessee Titans - Titans finish strong in Houston.
15) New York Jets - Loss to Dolphins kills playoffs for Jets.
16) Arizona Cardinals - Cardinals end season with spirited OT win.
17) Denver Broncos - Tebow leads Broncos to playoffs … by losing.
18) San Diego Chargers - Chargers killed Raiders playoff hopes.
19) Oakland Raiders - Raiders back out of the playoffs.
20) Seattle Seahawks – Seahawks fell just short of .500.
21) Kansas City Chiefs - Chiefs turned out to be a halfway decent team.
22) Miami Dolphins - Dolphins knock Jets out of playoff running.
23) Chicago Bears - Good win, but no playoffs.
24) Carolina Panthers - Newton ends great rookie year with a fizzle.
25) Buffalo Bills - Bills didn’t bother to show up in New England.
26) Washington Redskins - Time to blow them up yet again?
27) Cleveland Browns - Browns played tough against Steelers but came up short.
28) Minnesota Vikings - Long off-season ahead in Minnie.
29) Jacksonville Jaguars - Jags finally got out of the basement.
30) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Didn’t the Bucs used to have a really stingy D?
31) St. Louis Rams - Gave it their best shot, but couldn’t overcome Niners … or Colts.
32) Indianapolis Colts - They did it! They did it!