Each week after Monday Night game(s) has concluded, I’ll publish my list of NFL power rankings. Here is the pecking order for Week 16.
1) Green Bay Packers - Packers bounce right back against Bears.
2) New Orleans Saints - Brees historic in dismantling Falcons.
3) San Francisco 49ers - Niners outlast surprising Seattle on road.
4) New England Patriots - Patriots stand at a soft 12-3.
5) Detroit Lions - Lions looked like it was September again in defeating Chargers.
6) Pittsburgh Steelers - Was that a bye, or the Rams?
7) Baltimore Ravens - Ravens look solid, but not great.
8) New York Giants - Giants may scrabble into NFC East title.
9) Cincinnati Bengals - Bengals clinging to playoff hopes.
10) Dallas Cowboys - Cowboys will need help now.
Read the rest of the power rankings after the jump …
11) Atlanta Falcons - Falcons no match for Saints.
12) Houston Texans - Colts came back to bite `em again, even in this lost Indy season.
13) Philadelphia Eagles - Vick spoils Cowboys’ Christmas.
14) New York Jets - Two ugly performances in a row.
15) Tennessee Titans - Titans not done yet.
16) Seattle Seahawks – Seahawks actually gave 49ers a great game.
17) Oakland Raiders - Raiders might still get into the playoffs.
18) San Diego Chargers - Chargers stopped dead in their tracks by the Lions.
19) Denver Broncos - Even Tebow can’t come back that far.
20) Arizona Cardinals - Cardinals stopped by the big stripe machine.
21) Carolina Panthers - Newton has Panthers on an upswing to end the season.
22) Kansas City Chiefs - Chiefs beat Packers, and then lose to Raiders. Blech!
23) Miami Dolphins - Dolphins can stand with most teams, including the Pats.
24) Buffalo Bills - Bills win the battle of the snow.
25) Chicago Bears - Would Cutler have made a difference against the Packers?
26) Washington Redskins - Remember when the Redskins were leading their division?
27) Cleveland Browns - Had a chance against Ravens.
28) Minnesota Vikings - Win leaves them out of Luck.
29) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Morris may not fire himself, but …
30) Jacksonville Jaguars - Jags ending up like Jags always do: losing.
31) Indianapolis Colts - Stupid Colts.
32) St. Louis Rams - Honing in on Luck.