The Colts got hammered in Baltimore on Sunday, and not even the Mayflower vans can make things look better this time around. Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs did his best Ray Lewis impression and may have been even better than the original, although he had good material to work with in Dan Orlovsky. The slight optimism engendered by last week’s New England game is gone, gone, gone.
- Joseph Addai busted a 15-yard run, so his hamstrings have apparently not been replaced by dental floss as some feared.
- Dallas Clark played, which is more than we could have said any other week over the last month.
- Kavell Conner recovered a Ray Rice fumble.
- Joe Lefeged picked off Joe Flacco.
- Antoine Bethea recorded 11 tackles and deflected a pass.
- Pat Angerer made his way back onto the field and picked up eight tackles, to boot.
- Dwight Freeney sacked Flacco twice.
- Adam Vinatieri kicked for four total points.
- Delone Carter continued his slide: five carries for six yards.
- Dan Orlovsky threw three interceptions and was sacked four times, en route to a 53.4 QB rating.
- Orlovsky and Pierre Garcon connected on just five of 12 targets.
- The offensive line could do nothing to stop the blitz or the create lanes.
- Jim Caldwell couldn’t figure out a way to buy Orlovsky some breathing room or to keep the defense off the field.
- Andrew Luck didn’t win the Heisman Trophy.