Each week after Monday Night game(s) has concluded, I’ll publish my list of NFL power rankings. Here is the pecking order for Week 12.
1) Green Bay Packers - Turkey day in Detroit was no problem for the Packers.
2) New Orleans Saints - Brees sailed along against Giants.
3) Baltimore Ravens - John won the battle of the Harbaughs, Round One.
4) San Francisco 49ers - Niners lost the battle of defenses.
5) Pittsburgh Steelers - Not much offense, but then not much was needed against the Chiefs.
6) New England Patriots - Pretty easy win in Philly.
7) Houston Texans - Texans win, but Matt Leinart era may already be over.
8) Detroit Lions - Lions may be comers, but they still can’t win on Thanksgiving.
9) Dallas Cowboys - Cowboys nearly became latest victims of Dolphins juggernaut.
10) Atlanta Falcons - Falcons easily handled Vikings at home.
Read the rest of the power rankings after the jump …
11) New York Jets - Encouraging to see Sanchez as the star of a game, any game.
12) New York Giants - No match for Saints.
13) Cincinnati Bengals - Bengals stayed in playoff hunt with win over Browns.
14) Chicago Bears - Life with Hanie will be bumpy.
15) Tennessee Titans - Look out NFL: Chris Johnson may be back (190 yards v. Bucs).
16) Oakland Raiders - Hold on against readjusting Bears.
17) Denver Broncos - Broncos keeping pace with Raiders.
18) Philadelphia Eagles - Lots of yards for VY, but way too little scoring.
19) Buffalo Bills - Nearly stole one in New York against the Jets.
20) San Diego Chargers - Chargers are pretty much done. Is Norv?
21) Kansas City Chiefs - Played the Steelers close, but they need more O.
22) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Bucs continue their collapse, on the season and in their game against the Titans.
23) Miami Dolphins - Almost got a big win in Big D.
24) Washington Redskins - Road win is always a boost, even if it’s in Seattle.
25) Arizona Cardinals - Cardinals pick up a road win against the lowly Rams.
26) Seattle Seahawks – Losing at home to the 2011 Redskins is bad business.
27) Minnesota Vikings - The losing continued for the Vikes.
28) Cleveland Browns - Lose latest battle of Ohio in Cincy.
29) Carolina Panthers - A trip to Indianapolis can fix almost anything.
30) Jacksonville Jaguars - Not good enough to beat any version of the Texans, even at home.
31) St. Louis Rams - Rams couldn’t even take down the weak-sister Cardinals … in St. Louis.
32) Indianapolis Colts - Defense looked decent in loss to Cam Newton and Panthers.