The Colts are now, finally, all alone at the bottom of the NFL pile. Sunday’s 31-7 home loss to the Falcons, coupled with the Miami Dolphins‘ road thrashing of the Kansas City Chiefs, left the Colts as the only winless team on the gridiron. How much worse can it get? Well, from my perspective, it looks like seven more losses is the floor of the possible despair for this season. In the meantime, here are the names of the game from Sunday.
- Donald Brown may have used this lost season to find his NFL career. In this one, he ran 16 times for 70 yards.
- Jerraud Powers ran an interception back for the Colts only score.
- Philip Wheeler and Antoine Bethea both recorded double-digit tackles.
- Adam Vinatieri kicked an extra point. Yay.
- Um, mmm, hmmm. Well … Dan Orlovsky threw six times, completing four of them. And he’s not Curtis Painter.
- Curtis Painter was terrible. Losing his grip as a backup for the future.
- Delone Carter ran four times for eight yards and coughed up the ball once.
- Does this sound at all familiar?? Take a KNEE!!!!!!
- Jim Caldwell can’t be feeling to snug right now. Neither can Larry Coyer, or maybe even the Polians. Jim Irsay may go “Bowling With Heads” after this debacle plays out in January.