Each week after Monday Night game(s) has concluded, I’ll publish my list of NFL power rankings. Here is the pecking order for Week 7.
1) Green Bay Packers – Aaron Rodgers completed 80% of his passes against the Vikings.
2) New Orleans Saints – These Saints are not merciful.
3) San Francisco 49ers – No Harbaugh fisticuffs this week.
4) New England Patriots – Bye … bye … Theo Epstein.
5) Pittsburgh Steelers – Steelers have not been dominant, but they ARE 5-2.
6) Chicago Bears – The Bears won’t win 13 this year, but they’re not going away, either.
7) Baltimore Ravens – Isn’t Joe Flacco supposed to be part of the new, young breed?
8) Detroit Lions – Lions are showing a few cracks.
9) New York Giants – Good bye, Eli.
10) New York Jets – Tough D shut down Chargers in second half.
Read the rest of the power rankings after the jump …
11) Houston Texans – The chameleon Texans demolished the Titans in Tennessee.
12) Atlanta Falcons – Winning in Detroit is a pretty big deal.
13) Dallas Cowboys – It’s all you, DeMarco Murray.
14) San Diego Chargers – At least Rivers is OK with the loss to the Jets.
15) Oakland Raiders – Carson Palmer made it into the game but couldn’t turn the tide.
16) Buffalo Bills – The bye, bye Bills had a week off to recover.
17) Washington Redskins – ‘Skins are sliding fast.
18) Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Bucs are having trouble finding consistency.
19) Philadelphia Eagles – Michael Vick and company got a bye to catch their collective breath.
20) Cincinnati Bengals – Which Bengals team will show up after the bye?
21) Tennessee Titans – Couldn’t do much right at home against the Texans.
22) Carolina Panthers – Cam Newton got a bit of defensive support against the Redskins, and he won.
23) Kansas City Chiefs - Chiefs dominated good Raiders team on the road.
24) Jacksonville Jaguars – Not a lot of points, but a big, fat W.
25) Cleveland Browns – Playing Seattle fixes a lot … but not the Browns’ offense.
26) Denver Broncos - Let the “Tebow just wins” rejoinders begin.
27) Seattle Seahawks – Three points against the Browns is pretty sad.
28) Minnesota Vikings – Vikes made a valiant comeback attempt but couldn’t beat the champs.
29) Arizona Cardinals – Cardinals have lost five in a row.
30) Miami Dolphins - Couldn’t hold off the Terrible Tebow.
31) St. Louis Rams – What a super team you could build by combining the Rams and Colts!
32) Indianapolis Colts – No way to spin it; Colts are NFL’s worst right now.