Each week after Monday Night game(s) has concluded, I’ll publish my list of NFL power rankings. Here is the pecking order for Week 5.
1) Green Bay Packers – Packers win however they need to, including comebacks.
2) Detroit Lions – Pretty much did whatever they wanted during second half against Bears.
3) Baltimore Ravens – Bye gives the Ravens some time to rest their oldsters.
4) New Orleans Saints – When Drew Brees is on the field, no deficit is insurmountable.
5) New England Patriots – The AFC East belongs to the Patriots right now. Big surprise.
6) Pittsburgh Steelers – Steelers are still tough at home.
7) Washington Redskins – Gained ground in the standings by not playing.
8) Dallas Cowboys – Tony Romo and the `Boys got a breather this week.
9) New York Jets – Now the Jets’ defense is looking as suspect as its offense.
10) Buffalo Bills – Bills held off a strong comeback attempt by Michael Vick.
Read the rest of the power rankings after the jump …
11) Houston Texans – Matt Schaub threw for a lot of yards, but this was a bad game made worse by the loss of Mario Williams.
12) San Diego Chargers – The Chargers are 4-1, but it’s that record is pretty soft.
13) New York Giants – Contenders don’t lose on the road to the Seahawks.
14) San Francisco 49ers – Remember when we thought the 49ers would draft Andrew Luck next year?
15) Oakland Raiders – Sure, the Raiders’ win in Houston was spun as a tribute to Al Davis, but this is not a bad team.
16) Chicago Bears – Stayed close to the Lions … for awhile.
17) Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Totally embarrassed by the 49ers in a battle of the bays.
18) Tennessee Titans – Not much went right for the Titans in Pittsburgh.
19) Atlanta Falcons – Vick’s old team is almost as disappointing as his new one.
20) Philadelphia Eagles – This “super team” continues to be the Stupor Team.
21) Cincinnati Bengals – They’ve faced some weak opponents, but the Bengals have a winning record.
22) Carolina Panthers – The D couldn’t hold off Drew Brees.
23) Cleveland Browns – Lost ground to the Bengals during a bye week.
24) Kansas City Chiefs - Now 2-3, the Chiefs may not be out of the playoff race, after all.
25) Denver Broncos - A home loss to the Chargers will give Tim Tebow his first career start.
26) Seattle Seahawks – Don’t look now, but the Seahawks already have two wins this season!
27) Minnesota Vikings – A huge first quarter and lots of Adrian Peterson is too much for the Cardinals.
28) Jacksonville Jaguars – Good thing Indy’s in the division!
29) Indianapolis Colts – The Colts appear all-in for Luck.
30) St. Louis Rams – The offense scored almost as many points during the bye week as they do during a game week.
31) Arizona Cardinals – The Cardinals are just not a very good team.
32) Miami Dolphins - DWell, at least they didn’t lose, AND they kept pace with the Colts for Andrew Luck.