Each week after Monday Night game(s) has concluded, I’ll publish my list of NFL power rankings. Here is the pecking order for Week 4.
1) Green Bay Packers – This just in: Aaron Rodgers may be the best QB in the league.
2) Detroit Lions – Did the Cowboys choke? Maybe, but the Lions were relentless.
3) Baltimore Ravens – Big home win over Jets keeps Ravens near the top.
4) New Orleans Saints – Brees’ air attack continues to rule the day in New Orleans.
5) Houston Texans – The Defense (yes, capital ‘D’) returned against the Steelers.
6) New England Patriots – The Patriots don’t like to lose, and seldom do so twice in a row.
7) New York Giants – Giants got second-straight road win by holding off Cardinals.
8) Washington Redskins – Look who’s in first place after a month!
9) Dallas Cowboys – Looks like Dallas won’t be the best team playing on Thanksgiving this season.
10) New York Jets – The Jets’ offense was abysmal against the Ravens.
11) Tampa Bay Buccaneers – They could have lost to the Colts … but they didn’t.
12) Buffalo Bills – Ugly collapse in Cincinnati.
13) Pittsburgh Steelers – This is starting to look like the real Steelers, and it’s not a pretty picture.
14) San Diego Chargers – The Chargers are fattening their record against patsies like the Dolphins.
15) Tennessee Titans – Titans keep pace with Texans with win over Browns.
16) Chicago Bears – Wow! Can Matt Forte go both ways? Hester?
17) San Francisco 49ers – The comeback against the Eagles is the kind of game that makes a season.
18) Philadelphia Eagles – Vick was great, but the defense coughed up the game.
19) Atlanta Falcons – The Falcons barely beat the Seahawks and aren’t the powerhouse we expected them to be.
20) Oakland Raiders – The Raiders couldn’t overcome a ticked off Patriots team.
21) Cleveland Browns – The Browns were outclassed by the Titans at home.
22) Denver Broncos - Kyle Orton had a nice performance against the Packers, but Rodgers torched the Broncos’ D.
23) Carolina Panthers – Cam Newton posted big numbers again, but the defense was overwhelmed.
24) Cincinnati Bengals – Furious comeback against Bills shows that Bengals might have a real offense.
25) Seattle Seahawks – The Seahawks are plucky and could cause trouble for contenders this season.
26) Kansas City Chiefs - The Chiefs’ beat the Vikes. Don’t drown in the ticker tape.
27) Jacksonville Jaguars – Blaine Gabbert was terrible, and so was the pass defense.
28) Indianapolis Colts – Curtis Painter may not be chum after all.
29) Minnesota Vikings – They lost the battle of the “worsts.”
30) St. Louis Rams – Sam Bradford and Stephen Jackson have disappeared.
31) Arizona Cardinals – Larry Fitzgerald finally broke 100 yards, but the Cards still lost.
32) Miami Dolphins - Dolphins are rudderless and probably need Andrew Luck more than any other team.