Each week after Monday Night game(s) has concluded, I’ll publish my list of NFL power rankings. Here is the pecking order for Week 3.
1) Green Bay Packers – Not even the revenge factor could get the Bears past the Pack.
2) Detroit Lions – Beat a weak Minnesota team, but the Lions are 3-0 for first time since the Billy Sims era.
3) Baltimore Ravens – Absolutely demolished the Rams.
4) New Orleans Saints – Ran all over the vaunted Houston defense.
5) Buffalo Bills – These aren’t your fathers Bills … actually, maybe they are!
6) Pittsburgh Steelers – A little close for comfort against the ghastly Colts.
7) New York Giants – Giants thumped Eagles in Philly and may be the class of the division.
8) Dallas Cowboys – Tony Romo sacks up again.
9) New York Jets – Defense has slowed, and Raiders took full advantage.
10) New England Patriots – It was an ’80s tribute weekend … Bills over Pats.
Read the rest of our rankings after the jump …
11) Houston Texans – Where was the D against the Saints?
12) Oakland Raiders – Starting to look like the Raiders are contenders.
13) Tampa Bay Buccaneers – The Bucs held off division foe Falcons.
14) Washington Redskins – Tough Monday Night loss to Cowboys snaps winning streak.
15) Philadelphia Eagles – Michael Vick appears to have lost his shine.
16) Atlanta Falcons – Division losses always hurt.
17) San Diego Chargers – Barely beat the visiting Chiefs. Not good.
18) Tennessee Titans – Titans pull into tie for division lead with win over Broncos.
19) Chicago Bears – The Bears won’t back into a division title this season.
20) San Francisco 49ers – Ugly game in Cincy, but it was a win.
21) Cleveland Browns – The record is a mirage, but the Browns are tied for first place!
22) Denver Broncos - Orton inconsistent in loss to Titans.
23) Carolina Panthers – Cam Newton contained by Jaguars, but Panthers get first win.
24) St. Louis Rams – Big home loss to Ravens shows Rams may not be ready to contend.
25) Jacksonville Jaguars – Blaine Gabbert makes so-so debut in loss.
26) Arizona Cardinals – It doesn’t get much worse than a 13-10 loss to a Seahawks team doing all they can to lose.
27) Cincinnati Bengals – Eight points at home is just pitiful.
28) Seattle Seahawks – They just ran out of Luck!
29) Minnesota Vikings – The latest Lions mauling victim.
30) Indianapolis Colts – Colts nearly upset the Steelers AND Curtis Painter ran a two-minute drill.
31) Kansas City Chiefs - Almost beat the Chargers on the road.
32) Miami Dolphins - Dominated time of possession, yet still lost to the Browns.