As the Colts get ready for their game against the Steelers on Sunday, players and coaches headed back to the practice field for a short session on Wednesday. Among the Colts happenings for September 21:
- RB Darren Evans (active roster) and WR Marshall Williams (practice squad) were cut. It’s possible that Evans will be added to the practice squad.
- S Stevie Brown, formerly an Oakland Raider, was added to the active roster.
- Brown’s addition could signal that Melvin Bullitt’s “undisclosed” injury is something more than minor.
- G Ryan Diem (ankle) and LB Gary Brackett (shoulder) continued to sit out practice, and both are suspect for Sunday.
- Also not practicing were Bullitt, Dallas Clark, Jacob Tamme, Robert Mathis, Fili Moala, Dwight Freeney, and Eric Foster.
- Kerry Collins was on the “limited” list for Wednesday’s practice.