Hey, Colts fans! You’re not feeling down in the dumps just because the `Shoes got shellacked in Reliant Stadium, are you? Because Jim Caldwell certainly isn’t … heck, he doesn’t even think the Colts will struggle without Peyton Manning. So buck up, and take a gander at the rest of the Colts Notes for September 12:
- Colts not practicing on Monday included Reggie Wayne, Blair White, Tyler Brayton, Lavall Conner, Robert Mathis, Antoine Bethea, Anthony Gonzalez and Gary Brackett. Seems the session was a one-on-one for Jerry Hughes and Ryan Diem.
- Ernie Sim is now out “indefinitely” thanks to the sprained knee he suffered in the second quarter Sunday.
- The Colts released Jamey Richard and claimed OG Seth Olsen off waivers from the Minnesota Vikings. And so the O-line shuffle continues.
- Gary Brackett was still sore on Monday. His shoulder still hurt, too.
- Kerry Collins used his dislocated index finger to poke Peyton Manning. You know, just to see if #18 was ready to go yet. He’s not.