Honestly, there wasn’t much at all “Zippy” about the Colts in Houston on September 11. In fact, this game looked a lot like the preseason messes that we watched for a month, and I’m holding out hope that Kerry Collins and the rest of the starters just needed to get that out of their systems. Things can only get better, right? Right?
- Pat Angerer scored 13 tackles, with nine of them being solo jobs.
- Joseph Addai only carried the ball eight times, but he picked up 39 yards.
- Reggie Wayne is a Hall-of-Famer, no matter who’s throwing the ball.
- Melvin Bullitt got an interception to stop the Texans’ first drive.
- Gary Brackett grabbed a rare pick of his own.
- Kerry Collins fumbled three times and lost two of them.
- Dallas Clark got manhandled by Mario Williams, but why was Clark in that particular line of fire in the first place?
- The offensive line, in general, looked like a folding chair for much of the first half.
- The secondary, in general, bent and bent and bent some more in the first half. Any of this sounding familiar?
- Adam Vinatieri missed a 37-yard field goal attempt.