Reggie Wayne and Austin Collie both practiced on Tuesday. (Photo by Andy Lyons/Getty Images North America)
The Colts play the Green Bay Packers
this Friday in the third pre-season game of the year, and this is generally the point when teams turn in earnest to their real
game prep schedule. Often times in the past, that has meant a healthy dose of starters, including QB Peyton Manning, as Indy actually tries to win the game. Of course, we won’t see Manning against the Pack, but we will still hopefully witness a bit more competitive contest than what we’ve seen in the first two weeks of pre-season. Here are the news tidbits coming from Colts land on Tuesday:
- Coach Jim Caldwell told reporters that WR Anthony Gonzalez may not be ready for Friday’s game against the Packers.
- Reggie Wayne returned to practice on Tuesday following several days out due to the birth of his child.
- Twitter chatter (@StampedeBlue) indicates that ESPN bit hard on the Favre-to-Colts farce.
- Holdover from Monday: Jim Tressel was in Colts camp. This guy seems to be enjoying his “retirement.” Wouldn’t be surprised to see him as some sort of NFL consultant this season, and possibly back with a college program somewhere within a couple of years.
- Austin Collie was also back at practice … and then pulled up lame with a foot injury.
Topics: Green-bay-packers, Indianapolis-colts