The Colts were off yesterday after getting their pony tails handed to them by the St. Louis Rams on Saturday night. The bad news is that camp is almost over, with just four days left at the Anderson compound. The worse news is that the Colts looked simply terrible on many fronts against the Rams. The good news is that the team gets back to work today. Here’s what to look for as camp wraps up:
- Dan Orlovsky will try to unseat Curtis Painter as Peyton Manning’s backup. Shouldn’t be too hard.
- The running back situation will need to be sorted out. Right now, it looks like Addai, Carter and Brown, and I think that Evans is making a push.
- Can Anthony Castonzo and Ben Ijalana make it all the way to the starting lineup by opening day? I wouldn’t be completely surprised.
- DE Jerry Hughes should be on a short leash after Saturday’s no-show. Could last year’s first-rounder actually be cut?
- LB Ernie Sims won’t be back this week, as he’s still recovering from his appendectomy, so Kavell Conner holds his destiny in his own hands for now.