The Colts traveled to St. Louis to take on the Rams tonight, and they boys in blue really looked like it was pre-season. The Colts ended up losing 33-10, and it could have been worse. Here are few thoughts from tonight’s action.
- Curtis Painter looked bad early in the first quarter, and the Pierre Garcon made him look good with a ridiculous catch.
- Jerry Hughes added little credence to the reports that he is turning things around this season. Looked pretty bad.
- Chad Spann muffed a ball in the end zone and was pretty pedestrian on his other kickoff returns. Poor showing on special teams in first half.
- Spann redeemed himself somewhat with strong running and pass-catching in first drive or second half. He could go either way but probably needs to contribute on ST to stick with team.
- Joe Lefeged made some decent plays but looks inexperienced. Of course, he is.
- Drake Nevis looked like a real Colt: undersized, but making plays and pressuring the QB.
- Donald Brown actually showed a little running pop for a change.
- Young O-line did good job of buying time for QBs and RBs. Strength here could be difference between Super Bowl and missing playoffs.
- Stop me if you’ve heard this before … third-and-one, up the middle, no gain. Ugh!