Wednesday was a milepost day for the Colts in at least one way. After a walkthrough in the morning, the Horseshoes suited up in full armor for a public practice last night that drew more than 9000 fans to Anderson University’s Macholtz stadium. This was an important practice because it will be the last full-pad session of training camp, which wraps up on August 18. After that date, it’s real-time mode for the Colts who will move to their normal in-season schedules and facilities. Here are some of the notable happenings from Day 10:
- Cornerback Jacob Lacey participated in the morning walkthrough and showed no ill effects from whatever cut short his practice on Tuesday.
- Peyton Manning … didn’t practice again. Surprised?
- Bill Polian hinted that the Colts may keep three quarterbacks on the roster because of Manning’s neck. Right now, those look to be Dan Orlovsky and Curtis Painter.
- Joe Reitz and Jacques McClendon continue to battle for snaps at LG, and the race for the starting spot could go down to the wire.
- Lots of guys didn’t participate in the night practice. Among them: Manning, Jacob Lacey, Chris Brooks, Cody Glenn, Ernie Sims, DeMario Pressley, Jamaal Anderson, Jamey Richard, Jaimie Thomas, Joe Horn, Blair White, Brody Eldridge
- Nate Davis struggling to stay in QB mix … fumbled snap, sack, short passes.
- Jerry Hughes saw some time with the starting kickoff coverage unit.