After a long, slow and sometimes acrimonious off-season punctuated by the NFL lockout, the Indianapolis Colts will report to training camp today in Anderson to prepare for what we all hope will be a history-making campaign. During the last week, when NFL teams have compressed several months’ worth of business into a few days of post-lockout splendor, the Colts took a lot of gruff for making very little noise of their own. The last couple of days, though, have been a flurry of Blue and White activity that leaves us, breathless, on the doorstep of an exciting season. Here is a brief review of what has transpired over the last six days as the Colts check in:
- On Monday, the NFLPA agreed to the terms for a new CBA, clearing the way for teams to return to business.
- Also on Monday, the list of Colts free agents became official.
- On Tuesday, the Colts agreed to terms with 15 undrafted rookie free agents.
- On Wednesday, the Colts re-signed free agents Adam Vinatieri and Melvin Bullitt.
- On Thursday, Peyton Manning told the Jim Irsay and Bill Polian that he wanted less money.
- On Friday, neither the Jets nor the Texans signed Nnamdi Asomugha.
- On Saturday, Manning got his reduced contract, Kelvin Hayden was released, Ryan Diem was released and Joseph Addai re-signed.