That’s it, guys and gals. Dwight Freeney‘s out for the season with a Lisfranc injury, a problem that takes months to heal properly whether it needs surgery or not. Freeney’s doctors are still not sure if it has come to that, but he’s most likely out until next fall.
I know we’ve been over this, and you already know some of it by heart, but here’s just an encompassing bit of the craziness of Indy’s last week or so.
* Freeney, Diem, Dawson and Johnson went out during the Chargers game, joining the rest of Indy’s growing IR list.
* Colts release fullback Luke Lawton and return-man T.J. Rushing to free up spots needed to sign Simeon Rice, a free agent just released from Denver.
Wednesday brought some different colors to the Colts though:
* Rice practiced with the team today, the same day the extent of Freeney’s season-ending injury was released.
* T.J. Rushing was re-signed with the Colts.
* A new receiver was signed from Houston’s practice squad named Devin Aromashodu.
* Brandon Archer was added to the practice squad, which, with the way this season’s been going, his chances to see some action are growing by the week.
* Best of all, Dallas Clark and Tony Ugoh rejoined our team at practice!
I’m excited to see what the rest of the week will unveil. SIGN AWAY POLIAN!!!